Wednesday 5 October 2011

Spring is here

I decided to use the time off from work by going to home. To sleep in my own bed, in my own room and decide over my day was just what I needed. It was bliss. I come from a tiny fishing village called Råå, which is situated on the southern east coast of Sweden. It is a beautiful place on earth, when the weather is good I can not imagine a better place. This time my best friend mrs L with her 8 week old daugther Amanda was there as well. Mrs L and I grew up as neighbours and both left our village early, straight after college, so somehow every time we go back home it is like we become the teenagers agin but somehow living a much better existence: no worries, no hangups, no responsabilities just pure happiness. Hang on: did I not say Mrs L had a newborn? oh yes, and we loved to play with her like a little doll, but then in the evening when we were about to go out, all the parents were busy on their and were not available to take her! oh dear, so little Amanda had to be bundled into the car and come to the party. 
If you are stuck for where to go on for the summer, I can not recommend Sweden's coasts enough. The area I come from used to be a place where upper class  Europeans would go for their summer vacations: Mölle, Arild, Torekov now of course they all go to st Tropez et all, so we have the area all to ourselves. And it is heaven. Clean beaches with clear water to go for a morning swim in, perfect temperature in the water and outside, peace, nature everywhere, you can create the most idyllic holiday you ever had. Just look at the May issue of Lonely planet magazine to get an idea of Sweden in the summer.




















No comments:

Post a Comment