Wednesday 14 March 2012

Count to ten

When I am upset or angry with someone close I have a few remedies that immediately put things in perspective and can even make me happy again:

Churches: It is almost impossible to feel hatred or anger in a peaceful church. There is so much history in them: all those weddings, funerals and meetings that have taken place there have left them feeling so powerful and serious. But I never feel alone in them, instead I feel I am part of something bigger than myself. I live across a huge church, but I rarely go in there.  But when I do, I realize how small my problems are and I am immediately grateful for my life and what I have.

Zoo: This is a difficult one: Since I love animals I really should not set my foot ever in one. But;  unfortunately I do.
A lot.
In fact; as I live about 10 min from the London zoo I tend to go most weeks. I can not help but love being close to the animals,  I forget any worries and can sit for hours watching the penguins, giraffes or one of the many monkeys in there. And when I enter the butterfly tent and close my eye, I am taken back to the jungles of some of my favourite places: Borneo, Costa Rica, Brazil and I can not imagine getting angry again! it is awful I know, they are all in cages and I am outside staring at them. I am sure if you have been in the zoo lately you have entered the Gorilla kingdom and noticed the sadness in the gorilla's eyes. BUT....hopefully the zoo will bring awareness to endangered species and teach future generations about conservationism which they might not be interested in had they not seen with their own eyes these incredible animals.

The Heath.

So many good memories, such beauty in a big city like London. Oh, we are lucky to be here. In fact we even named our son after it!

So tell me: how do you calm down when you are bursting in the seams?








No comments:

Post a Comment