Thursday 3 February 2011

Slowly getting back

Well, on Sunday I started to slowly feel like the old me was coming back. Since the sun came out, I decided to use the day-light by taking care of the garden. It has not been touched for 9 months, so it was a bit daunting. But the thought of it made it feel a bigger task than it was. I got into it straight away as I usually do, and of course I know that I should not really cut the bushes too much, since we might have another freeze. But as I was enjoying myself so much, I could not stop and suddenly the whole garden apart from the trees had all been chopped down! Bit worrying, but it felt so good! What a workout it was as well...

Slowly the hyacinth, tulips, crocuses and snowdrops are starting to show themselves which feels amazing. That is the another great thing about gardening; how you can have money one year to invest in beautiful flowers and then the following  year when you decide that the garden is the last thing to spend money on: you get a nice surprise by seeing that actually most of the bulbs you planted are starting to flower again!

Today it was a beautiful day which started in not such a pretty place: King's Cross. I had to go to the Camden council building to discuss the extension we are planning ( so that I finally can have some sun in my eyes and look into the garden). We went for a coffee in Cafe Nero which is situated horribly by the road in St Pancras, but somehow the buzz of travellers mixed in with the sunshine gave me back the feeling I though I had lost for a moment: the feeling of how lucky I am to be alive. It made the rest of the day perfect. I went for a  job interview which felt very "me", and then slowly walking back through London I went in to visit a friend in the lovely new Vanessa Bruno store. I adore her marketing tools: the campaign, the look book designs and all the interiors of the boutique, not to mention the clothes! wow.



The natural kitchen


Exhausted from the day, I treated myself to The Natural Kitchen in Marylebone high street. It surely must be one of the best lunch places for a  relaxed lunch in London? If you do go there, make sure to ask the Brazilian guy downstairs in the self service cafe, for his special Acai smoothie mix, which reminded me of one of  my daily treats (oops!) in the southern parts of Brazil: Acai berries mixed with a bit of honey, chopped bananas, milk powder and then granola on top, Yummie! the only problem with Acai ( it is incredibly nutritious) is that it also has a high calorie content, so in Brazil they normally have it after a long workout as a treat to restore body balance,  somehow the people marketing Acai berries here in Europe forgot to mention that fact...



No comments:

Post a Comment